Ten Minutes to a Chaos Free Morning
“The first hour is the rudder of the day” – Henry Ward Beecher
Let’s face it. Mornings can be tough.
In most homes it’s that time of day with too much to do and too little time to get it done.
Given the fact that mornings are so important, it’s wise to spend a few minutes each night preparing your house for tomorrow’s sunrise. Include your family in getting these tasks done as learning to be organised starts at home.
1. Clear the kitchen bench – dinner is done so get ready for brekkie
2. Organise containers for school /work lunches
3. Get today’s bags unpacked
4. Put away anything that’s been unpacked – shoes, jackets, bags
5. Have tomorrow’s outfit / school uniform ready to go, and the after school/work gear too
6. Put away toys/ homework or paperwork / bills
7. Put out the rubbish & recycling
8. Ensure dirty clothes go in laundry baskets, if full put on a load to wash
9. Charge your devices – phones, tablets,computers
10. Hug your family good night
If you are not in the habit of doing these things, it will definitely take longer than 10 minutes the first time.
But once you get a handle on each area, the entire project will take you less and less time…
and your mornings will thank you!